By Eve M. Troutt Powell
Read Online or Download A Different Shade of Colonialism: Egypt, Great Britain, and the Mastery of the Sudan (Colonialisms) PDF
Similar emigration & immigration books
In a e-book of deep and telling ironies, Peter Schrag offers crucial historical past for realizing the fractious debate over immigration. overlaying the earliest days of the Republic to present occasions, Schrag units the trendy immigration controversy in the context of 3 centuries of dialogue over an analogous questions about who precisely is healthy for citizenship.
Immigrants within the usa ship greater than $20 billion each year again to Mexico—one of the biggest flows of such remittances on the earth. With The Remittance panorama, Sarah Lynn Lopez deals the 1st prolonged examine what's performed with that cash, and specifically how the development growth that it has generated has replaced Mexican cities and villages.
This ebook presents the root for a reconceptualization of key gains in Southeast Asia's historical past. students from Europe, the US, and Asia research evolutionary styles of Europe's and Japan's Southeast Asian empires from the overdue 19th century via global warfare II, and provide vital insights into the categorical occasions of the Forties, Fifties, and Sixties.
By no means at Sea’ used to be the motto of the Women’s Royal Naval carrier (WRNS) in its two-stage existence from 1917-1919 and 1939-1994. but such a lot of its individuals – generally known as Wrens - desired to serve at the ocean wave. This booklet considers the heritage and identification of the Wrens and exhibits how they built from port-bound chefs, clerks, telegraphists, radar plotters and mechanics to fully-fledged participants of the naval carrier.
- The Unwanted: European Refugees from the First World War Through the Cold War (Politics, History, and Social Change) (Politics History & Social Chan)
- Quiet Invaders Revisited: Biographies of Twentieth Century Immigrants to the United States (Transatlantica)
- To Come to the Land: Immigration and Settlement in 16th-Century Eretz-Israel (Judaic Studies Series)
- Verschieden - Gleich - Anders?: Geschlechterarrangements im intergenerativen und interkulturellen Vergleich (Interkulturelle Studien) (German Edition)
- Migration States and Welfare States: Why Is America Different from Europe?
- The 'Local' Irish in the West of Scotland 1851-1921 (Palgrave Pivot)
Extra resources for A Different Shade of Colonialism: Egypt, Great Britain, and the Mastery of the Sudan (Colonialisms)
A Different Shade of Colonialism: Egypt, Great Britain, and the Mastery of the Sudan (Colonialisms) by Eve M. Troutt Powell